Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I struggle with drinking all that water. But I have found that if I drink two cups when I first get up and then two cups before breakfast that I can usually get the rest taken throughout the day. I have had a couple of times though of having to drink three cups before I go to bed. Last night it was four! That was a problem... Anyone else have any ideas on how to make sure you drink all the water?

4 comments:

  1. I work a desk job, so I keep a 32 oz Nalgene bottle, full of ice water (the coldness is key for me to be able to enjoy it), and drink it throughout the day. I usually end up refilling it around lunchtime. I like that I only have to refill it once. Knowing I only have to drink two bottles tricks me into thinking it's an easier task.

    We're doing this same competition at work and my co-workers struggle with getting their water in. Some add Crystal Light to their water, others drink peppermint tea, and so on.

    I've also heard that using a straw works, because when you sip through a straw you generally will take in more fluid per "swallow" than you would when sipping directly from the glass or bottle. You'll empty your bottle faster, reminding you to fill it up to get your next 8 (or 16) ounces for the day.

    The fact that I'm exercising 6 days of the week has definitely helped me get my water quota in. I'm constantly re-hydrating while working out. Make sure to take a water bottle with you when you're doing your 30 minutes each day.

    Hope those tips help. Good luck!

    Oh, I saw your sister, Teryn, at a RS Enrichment where the girl from Deals to Meals was speaking. I was in a rush to get back to work, so I wasn't able to say hi to her. It was nice to see a familiar face, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that using a 32 oz water bottle works best, because I can SEE all the water I have to drink for the day and only refill it once.
    Right now I just use a large glass and have my daily spacing figured out, just like you said, VaLynn. I finish one by breakfast, one while exercising, another shortly after exercising, and another with dinner. Anything on top of that is a bonus. Also, every time I finish a glass I refill it. That way when I walk into the kitchen (which is often) I see it on the counter and think, "Oh yeah, drink it."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing I just remembered is that I almost always drink more than my thirst demands. So I take a drink and as I'm drinking I realize, yep, that's enough. But then I usually take two more swallows on top of that.

    ReplyDelete